THAMES & KOSMOS EXPANDS AWARD-WINNING LINE OF STEM KITS
THAMES & KOSMOS EXPANDS AWARD-WINNING LINE OF STEM KITS AND WORLD-FAMOUS BOARD GAME TITLES, LAUNCHES INTO CRAFTS, WITH EXCITING NEW PRODUCT OFFERINGS AT THE 2020 NEW YORK TOY FAIR
Thames & Kosmos, leading publisher of award-winning science kits, educational toys, and board games for kids of all ages, prepares to expand its growing list of groundbreaking product offerings in 2020. Since its founding nearly 200 years ago, Thames & Kosmos has solidified its place as an industry leader in the STEM toy space and has quickly grown to become a trusted source for unique and fun board games for the whole family. With the start of a new decade, the growth of these categories remains steady, while the company also announces its foray into a new branch of toys altogether with a line of beautiful and distinctive craft kits that promise to be one of the most innovative new products at the show. All new items are now on display at New York Toy Fair from February 22-25 in Booth #2851.
Year after year, Thames & Kosmos develops new and creative ways to strengthen young minds and enhance a childs educational journey through fun, yet comprehensive, science kits. With twenty-two new STEM experiment kits in the 2020 line-up, this year is no exception. From robotics to alternative energy to chemistry to human anatomy, these new products offer a wide variety of scientific topics for young children to explore.
Its important to us that our STEM kits dont just focus on the finished product, but on the educational journey kids take to get to that end resultthats where we hide the learning! explains Andrew Quartin, CEO of Thames & Kosmos. Our job is to give kids the tools they need to investigate the world around them, to transform their curiosity into knowledge. In the case of new releases like Super Duper Bubble Gum Lab and Mega Cyborg Hand, kids end up with yummy bubble gum and a truly awe-inspiring, gigantic hydraulic hand. But first, they must go through the process of mixing the ingredients or assembling their mechanical hand piece by piece. This process is so important, not just for its potential to instill an interest in and appreciation for STEM, but for its ability to exercise a childs mind.
Given Thames & Kosmos commitment to producing high-quality, informative, and enjoyable STEM toys, the company was particularly humbled to learn that two of its best-selling STEM kits from 2019 have been nominated for the prestigious Toy of the Year Awards (TOTY). These annual awards, presented by The Toy Association and voted on by retailers, consumers, and members of the press, recognize the top toys of the holiday season. Up for consideration are My Robotic Pet Tumbling Hedgehog in the Construction Toy of the Year category and Gumball Machine Maker in the all-new category of STEM/STEAM Toy of the Year. This new category was a welcome addition to the TOTY program, and the selection of Gumball Machine Maker as a finalist in its inaugural year is very fitting. The perfect melding of STEM and fun, this kit is a prime example of what Thames & Kosmos aims to do with everything in its STEM line: teach important scientific concepts in a fun, engaging way.
Thames & Kosmos will be introducing a variety of new products in 2020 as well as delivering expansions and additions to award-winning science kit lines such as Kids First, I Dig It!, and Ooze Labs. The majority of these releases are screen-freea reaction to the steady public demand for these types of products and an example that techy doesnt always need to go hand in hand with a tablet or smartphone.
We have a really diverse and exciting line-up this year. Our goal is to make STEM engaging and relatable for kids of all ages: kids ages five to seven can build cute animal robots and classic wacky robots with Robot Pet Shop and Robot Factory and theyll learn all about gyroscopic forces as they assemble and experiment with The Amazing Tightrope-Walking Gyrobota robot fit for the circus! Then theres Ooze Labs Colorful Crystal Lab (the new setup for our Ooze Labs chemistry line), and the Gross Anatomy kit where kids will study human anatomy by actually making their own squishy models of vital human organs. And this is just a portion of the new STEM products we have in the pipeline for this year! Were very excited for retailers to check them out firsthand and for families to have the chance to try them out for themselves, says Ted McGuire, president of Thames & Kosmos.
Thames & Kosmos is also enthusiastic about its launch into the craft category with Creatto, a new line of light-up crafting kits. The kits in this series use a simple yet versatile building system that consists of just two primary building components that can be woven together into countless 3D creations. Strings of LED lights are also included to illuminate the models from the inside out. The first five kits in the series will premiere at Toy Fair: Moonlight Elephant Safari, Magical Moose & Forest Friends, Starlight Kitty & Cutie Crew, Shimmer Shark & Ocean Pals, and Sparkle Unicorn & Friends. Each kit includes instructions to build four different models, but the possibilities are limited only by ones imaginationall components are compatible across the different Creatto kits, so kids can combine them to dream up all sorts of distinctive, colorful creations.
Creatto aligns with our emphasis on tactile processes to get kids thinking in different ways. Part model-building kit, part playtime prop, part decorative display piece, the goal of Creatto is to provide kids (and adults!) with an outlet for their creativity and individuality, explains Quartin. While definitely a fun and engaging activity, Creatto offers so much more than an afternoon of entertainment: it encourages self-expression, develops fine motor skills, and rewards originality. These are all so important for nurturing young minds.
A new year of Thames & Kosmos products would not be complete without additions to its rapidly growing line of board games. Fans of storytelling games can look forward to a new Adventure Games title (Adventure Games: The Volcanic Island), as well as four new additions the highly-acclaimed EXIT: The Game series. Gamers who have been tracking the buzz garnered by the release of The Crew (Die Crew) in Europe late last year will be excited to learn that this highly-anticipated cooperative card game will be on display at Toy Fair and in retail stores by mid-March. Other board game releases include: The Liberation of Rietburg, a new game in the world of Andor; Aqualin, a two-player strategy game; My City, the latest from acclaimed board game designer Reiner Knizia; and Targi: The Expansion, a much sought-after extension for the popular two-player game, Targi.
The full Thames & Kosmos collection will be on display at New York Toy Fair, Booth #2851. Dedicated spaces in the booth will highlight key releases and will include The Amazing Tightrope-Walking Gyrobot showing off its tricks on a wire, Mega Cyborg Hand demonstrating its amazing gripping capabilities, and jumbo Creatto models showcasing the limitless possibilities of this new line. Attendees will also have the chance to test out the Creatto system and a limited quantity of promo kits, with instructions and pieces to build an orange light-up starfish, will be available for giveaway.
For more information, visit www.thamesandkosmos.com, and join the conversation on social media by following @ThamesandKosmos on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
New products for 2020 include:
- Creatto: Creatto is a simple yet versatile building system that consists of just two primary components that can be woven together into countless 3D creations. The durable and flexible plastic tiles interlock quickly and easily for all skill levels; no additional materials or hardware required! Each Creatto kit includes assembly instructions for four different configurations, but the possibilities are limited only by your imagination. Add strings of LED lights to illuminate your works of art from the inside out. The first five kits in the Creatto line will be available in March 2020:
- Moonlight Elephant Safari: Ages 6+ | MSRP: $9.95 | Models: Elephant, Fox, Kangaroo, and Safari Lantern | Piece Count: 40 | LED Lights: 20 | Build Time: 10 minutes
- Magical Moose & Forest Friends: Ages 6+ | MSRP: $9.95 | Models: Moose, Beetle, Dinosaur, and Tree | Piece Count: 35 | LED Lights: 20 | Build Time: 10 minutes
- Starlight Kitty & Cutie Crew: Ages 8+ | MSRP: $19.95 | Models: Kitty Cat, Mouse House, Teddy Bear, and Squirrel | Piece Count: 66 | LED Lights: 40 | Build Time: 20 minutes
- Shimmer Shark & Ocean Pals: Ages 9+ | MSRP: $29.95 | Models: Shark, Octopus, Seagull, and Fish | Piece Count: 140 | LED Lights: 100 | Build Time: 30 minutes
- Sparkle Unicorn & Friends: Ages 9+ | MSRP: $29.95 | Models: Unicorn, Bunny, Polar Bear, and Ballerina | Piece Count: 140 | LED Lights: 80 | Build Time: 30 minutes
STEM Toys & Science Kits:
- Mega Cyborg Hand: Explore hydraulics, pneumatics, and robotics with your very own GIANT hydraulic hand! Using over 200 plastic pieces and piston tubes that you fill with water, build an awesome mechanical hand that uses hydraulic power to simulate the movements of the human handno motors or electricity required! Once assembled, your cyborg hand slips onto your own hand like a glove, with mechanical fingers that you operate with your own fingers and that can grip objects with enough force to lift them. Challenge yourself to pick up and hold a variety of items like bottles, pencils, small itemsanything within reach! The hand can be configured in three waysleft hand, right hand, and claw-like, with the thumb in the centerand can be adjusted to fit virtually all hand sizes. A 40-page, full-color manual guides model building and experimentation and provides engaging scientific information about how pneumatic and hydraulic systems are used in industrial robots to assist with a variety of tasks in our modern world. For ages 8+ | MSRP: $39.95 | Available June 2020
- The Amazing Tightrope-Walking Gyrobot: A robot fit for the circus! With this kit, you can build a robot that walks, step by step, along a tightrope. How? Thanks to the robots main component, a gyroscope, it can maintain its balance and perform this fun trick without falling over! Through eight experiments, you can explore the astonishing powers of the motorized gyroscope and understand the physics behind its amazing behaviors. Experiment with getting the robot to walk on different surfaces: a tightrope, on a solid tabletop, on a soft surface, and even on your arm! You can also experiment with the balancing behavior of the motorized gyroscope by itself, testing its ability to balance on its edge, on your finger, on a pole, and dangling from a string. The kit includes parts to build the robot and experimental setups, including a frame for the tightrope. By constructing the robot and performing the experiments with the motorized gyroscope unit, young engineers can learn about the science of gyroscopic devices and the indispensable role they play in our lives. A full-color, 24-page illustrated experiment manual provides step-by step assembly instructions and scientific explanations. For ages 6-14 | MSRP: $39.95 | Available June 2020
- Ooze Labs: Colorful Crystal Lab: Explore the natural beauty and wonder of crystals by growing them yourself in many different shapes and colors! Set up your lab stationcomplete with beakers, test tubes, centrifuge, display dome, and moreand use safe, non-toxic crystal salts to conduct more than ten experiments in crystal formation. You can even make red, pink, blue, purple, and clear crystals using the spinning centrifuge! After youve completed the experiments in the kit, continue your crystal growing adventures using the cool lab setup and common materials from around your home. Combine the base station with the base stations from the other Ooze Labs kits (Chemistry Station, Soap & Bath Bomb Lab, and Alien Slime Lab) to make one awesome laboratory setup!For age 6+ | MSRP: $29.95 | Available June 2020
- Ooze Labs: Quicksand Oozebleck (individual tube): Mix your own ooblecka mysterious oozy substance that becomes a rigid solid under force, but runs like a liquid when no force is applied. For ages 6+ | MSRP: $4.95 | Available June 2020
- I Dig it! Pirate Treasure: All hands on decktheres treasure to be found! In this pirate-themed dig-out kit, a replica pirate treasure is waiting to be excavated from a plaster block. With a hammer and chisel, you can unearth metal coins, gemstones (plastic), beads (plastic), and a large stone skull bead, all while learning how real archaeologists find and dig up pirate treasures buried in the ground. Learn how to tie a reef knot to fashion a pirates keychain for the skull and beads! For age 7+ | MSRP: $9.95 | Available March 2020
- I Dig it! Aliens Meteorite Excavations: Whos ready to dig for ... aliens?! In this new, playful take on the classic dig-out kit, youll chisel your way through a meteorite model to find a rocketship capsule containing one of 12 sticky alien figures as well as some oozy slime! After excavating, you can fling the alien at a window and watch it crawl down! In addition to instructions and tips for excavating, the 12-panel manual details the origin story of these wacky little aliens and shares some funny characteristics for each one. Includes plastic chisel tool. For ages 5+ | MSRP: $2.95 each | Available May 2020
- Super Duper Bubble Gum Lab: Its time to have some yummy gummy fun with this awesome bubble gum making kit! Mix up your gum base and then sweeten it with sugar. Next, use the three included flavors to make your gum more delicious than ever. Choose from watermelon, orange, and classic bubble gumor try them all! Finally, cut it up, package it, and label it with stickers to give away as gifts. While you make these yummy treats, youll also learn about the scientific properties of elastic materials. For ages 6+ | MSRP: $19.95 | Available May 2020
- Solar-Powered Rovers: The suns energy can be used to do some pretty astonishing things! Get ready to explore the amazing capabilities of solar energy by building your own solar-powered vehicles and devices. Using a system of ultralight bamboo rods, plastic gears, and a powerful solar panel, youll build five different motorized models that move using electricity generated directly from sunlight. Construct three types of solar cars, a solar fan, and a solar robot. Perform science experiments with each model to learn about gear ratios, solar cells, and more. The ultralight materials make your models speedy and durable while the modular gearing system lets you test out three different gear ratios. For age 8+ | MSRP: $19.95 | Available Now
- Gross Anatomy: Make-Your-Own Squishy Human Body: A squishy heart! Colorful lungs! Brains made of putty?! Anatomy has never been so fun! With the Gross Anatomy science kit, you can learn all about the human body and its vital organs by making your own squishy, slimy models of them. Mix up colorful slime mixtures and pour them into the included molds to make some of the human bodys major organs: the heart, lungs, kidneys, stomach, large intestine, small intestine, and liver. Then, arrange your squishy creations in a clear plastic torso to visualize where they fit in your body. Next, use the included colorful putty and brain stamp to cut out a squishy brain model as you learn fascinating science facts about this important organ. You can even pretend to be a doctor by experimenting with a safe plastic scalpel for a fun, mushy, hands-on learning experience! For ages 8+ | MSRP: $19.95 | May 2020
- Glow-in-the-Dark Science Lab: Its glow time! Conduct fun and illuminating experiments with glowing substances and neon pigments with this exciting (and educational!) science kit. Discover the chemistry of glowing materials as you cast your own neon sidewalk chalk in fun shapes like stars, crystals, and frogs. Learn about light and phosphorescence as you make flowers that glow in the dark and mix up a solution to make your own radiant glow sticks! You can observe your glowing creations under the included UV flashlight and create your own blacklight showcase to display them. Includes two glowing pigments, UV flashlight, glow-in-the-dark star stickers, plaster for chalk, and tools and instructions. The kit box doubles as a blacklight showcase. For ages 8+ | MSRP: $19.95 | Available April 2020
- SolarBots: 8-In-1 Solar Robot Kit: Build unique robots that are powered by the sunbatteries not required! Using a compact solar panel, these cool little bots harness energy from the sun to power an electric motor to get moving. Build a drummer robot that marches along, beating a drum; an armadillo robot that does somersaults; a solar bug that crawls on six legs, and more! The 48-page, full-color manual guides solar power pioneers through model assembly and offers fun scientific facts about the real-life applications of solar technology. What solar-powered inventions will you dream up? For ages 8+ | MSRP: $24.95 | Available July 2020
- Robot Pet Shop: Owls, French Bulldogs, Sloths and More! Join in on another engineering adventure with the Omegasthe family of makers and engineers featured in the Kids First early engineering kits! This time, the characters take a trip to a robotic pet shop where they encounter all sorts of cute robotic pets, including an owl, french bulldog, sloth, panda, chameleon, cat, turtle, and rabbit. As you read along with the beautifully illustrated 32-page storybook manual, youll build models of the adorable, motorized robotic animals the Omegas encounter, and experiment with them to see how each one uses the battery-powered motor and mechanical parts to move in a different way. For ages 5-7 | MSRP: $29.95 | Available May 2020
- Robot Factory: Wacky, Misfit, Rogue Robots: Watch outrobots gone rogue! In this new adventure in the Kids First early engineering series, the Omega family takes a trip to a robot factory where the robots have gotten a little out of control. One by one, the wacky, motorized robots are fixed up and put back into working order, with the help of the Omegasand you! As you follow along with the 32-page illustrated storybook manual, youll build working models of the eight different classic robots and experiment with them to see how each one uses the battery-powered motor, gears, and other mechanical parts to move its arms or legs in a different, funny, zany way. Through building and experimenting, kids get a unique look at how simple mechanical systems work. For ages 5-7 | MSRP: $29.95 | Available May 2020
- My Discovery Telescope: Have you ever seen a close-up photograph of the Moon, with its fascinating cratered landscape? With this telescope, you can investigate the moons surface, search the night sky for constellations and planets, or simply watch the birds at the bird feeder in the backyard! This telescope also lets you see squirrels, deer, and other wild animals up close. And, its perfect for pretending to be a pirate sailing the seven seas! This 12x magnification power telescope with durable body and quality optics can be used for terrestrial (land) observations as well as astronomical (night sky) observations. For ages 6+ | MSRP: $19.95 | February 2020
- Wind Power (V 4.0): Our fourth generation wind turbine kit! Wind is one of the most promising sources of clean, renewable energy available today. With this kit, you can assemble a realistic wind turbine complete with electric generator and adjustable rotor blades that are designed with complex aerodynamic curves to look and work like modern-day wind turbine blades. Then, conduct experiments to optimize the turbines performance by adjusting the angle of the blades and discover how to use the wind turbine to light up an LED and charge a rechargeable battery. Convert the generator into an electric motor and assemble a small electric car to demonstrate a tangible application for stored solar electricity.The full-color, 32-page manual offers illustrated instructions and scientific information that explores the different types of wind turbines and windmills, the history of this technology, and how wind energy can be used to power homes and electric cars. For ages 8+ | MSRP: $39.95 | Available May 2020
- Robotics: Smart Machines - HoverBots with BalanceTech: Build and program amazing robots that balance on two wheels! Discover the world of roboticsan exciting, interdisciplinary field combining physics, engineering, and computer science. You can build eight motorized robots that use a special self-balancing technology to move around: a HoverBot that balances on two wheels and then transforms into a four-wheeled rover in one quick action; a robotic waiter that can carry a cup or a soda can, balanced in its basket; a target practice robot; and more! Code programs for your robots using an easy, visual programming app on a tablet or smartphone, which connects to the robots via a wireless Bluetooth connection. The robots use a combination of sensors to balance themselves. A gyroscope sensor is used to detect the angle of tilt of the vehicle. An accelerometer is a sensor that detects the acceleration of the vehicle. Together, these two sensors can tell the microcontrollerthe robots brainif the vehicle is tilting too far forward or backward and moving too fast forward or backward to remain balanced. Then, sensors attached to the motors, called encoders, can determine the current speed of the wheels. Using the app interface, you can program the robots to move at different speeds and in different directions, and you can program them to light up in various colors and play sounds. For ages 8-14 | MSRP: $134.95 | Available July 2020
- Tri-lingual Science Kits: Thames & Kosmos is releasing five new STEM kits with three-language packaging and manuals (French, English, Spanish). Each kit offers a classic, perennially appealing science activity with fast, fun, and simple experiments to spark curiosity in science.
- Crystal Geode: Grow a beautiful, colorful crystal geodea hollow rock with crystals inside itby first molding a plaster shell and then filling it with a crystal-forming solution. Learn about geological crystal formations. For ages 8+ | MSRP: $9.95 | Available June 2020
- Molecule Beads: Make plump and squishy polymer gel beads to demonstrate the molecular structure of plastics. Form the gelatinous globules by dripping sodium alginate into a solution containing calcium ions. Learn how massive chains of polymers make these fun squishy orbs possible. For ages 8+ | MSRP: $9.95 | Available June 2020
- Bouncing Planets: Make five colorful, rubbery balls resembling planets in minutes. Using a spherical mold and five colors of polymer granules, cast up to five rubbery planet models. Learn why the balls form and how the elasticity of the polymer material causes them to bounce. For ages 8+ | MSRP: $9.95 | Available June 2020
- Amazing Minerals: Excavate three real mineral specimens from a plaster block: quartz, amethyst, and pyrite (also known as fools gold!). Use tools like a real rock hunter. Explore the geological science of crystals, rocks, and minerals. For ages 8+ | MSRP: $9.95 | Available June 2020
- Crystal Growing: Grow sparkling, colorful crystals overnight from a safe solution of potassium aluminum sulfate. Single out the largest crystal shard, redissolve the remaining crystals, and repeat the crystal formation process to grow a larger, more striking crystal. This kit includes four packets of crystal-growing salt and two dyes (red and blue) so you can grow a variety of crystals in different sizes and colors. For ages 8+ | MSRP: $9.95 | Available June 2020
- Forces & Interactions: Middle School Physics Classroom Kit: Bring the fun of hands-on physics to the classroom! This classroom kit is designed specifically for middle school NGSS classrooms. For ages 8+ | MSRP: $159.95 | Available March 2020
- NGSS ALIGNED: The ten physics and engineering design activities are aligned to eight standards covered in NGSS middle school classrooms.
- TEACHER GUIDE & LESSON PLANS: 116-page book includes detailed explanations and activity objectives to guide instruction.
- TIMED FOR CLASSROOM USE: Each activity is intended to be performed in one or two 4550 minute class periods.
- DURABLE BUILDING SYSTEM: 437 pieces included; intended for repeated classroom use
- EASE OF USE: Illustrated step-by-step assembly instructions direct hands-on model building exercises.
- SUITABLE FOR GROUPS: Each kit is designed for use by up to four students.
- EASY CLEAN-UP & STORAGE: Stackable plastic storage bin with sorting tray and building lid allows for organization of parts
- Magic: The Amazing Vanishing Tiger: Your audience will be astonished: Where there was once a plain old balloon resting inside the cage, now there is a cuteor ferocious!white plush tiger. Kids as young as six years old can amaze their audiences with this and other simple magic tricks. The tricks are explained step by step in the illustrated manual. Online videos supplement the instructions and help young magicians rehearse their magic shows. Includes special magic cage, plush white tiger, magic wand, rings, rope, and other props for a total of 16 magic tricks. The process of learning magic tricks encourages patience, skill, and dexterity. The act of performing magic tricks can help boost the self-confidence of your little sorcerer's apprentice. For ages 6+ | MSRP: $29.95 | Available May 2020
- Rabbits Hat Ten-Trick Magic Wands: Every magician needs a wand! With this special magic wand, you can practice and perform ten awesome magic tricks. Make the wand appear to levitate in front of you. Wow your audience when the wand magically lifts itself up in the palm of your hand. One second the wand is stiff as a board, the next it appears to be made of rubber. Your tricks will have the wand jumping, disappearing, flipping, and floating to your audiences amazement. For ages 6+ | MSRP: $3.95 each | Available April 2020
- Adventure Games: The Volcanic Island: In this cooperative game, you take on the role of four students traveling together on a remote and mysterious island. You are looking into some strange events that have been happeningincidents that the police believe are natural occurrences, things to be expected on a volcanic island such as this. But is everything really as normal as it seems? Or is there something else behind what is happening at the volcano? How the story ends is entirely up to you. For ages 12+ | MSRP: $19.95 | Players: 1-4 | Play Time: 75 minutes x 4 | Available June 2020
- EXIT: Theft on the Mississippi: A robbery takes place while youre traveling down the Mississippi on a steamboat. Can your team of investigators find the culprit before the riverboat docks in New Orleans and the thief escapes? For ages 12+ | MSRP: $14.95 | Players: 1-4 | Play Time: 1-2 hours | Level of Difficulty: 3 of 5 | Available May 2020
- EXIT: The Stormy Flight: You are crew members on a passenger plane bound for Barbados when you encounter a fierce electrical storm that damages the plane. Can you solve the riddles, repair the plane, and land safely? For ages 10+ | MSRP: $14.95 | Players: 1-4 | Play Time: 1-2 hours | Level of Difficulty: 2 of 5 | Available April 2020
- EXIT: The Enchanted Forest: A relaxing walk in the woods takes a very different turn when you suddenly encounter strange fairytale creatures and even stranger puzzles. Will you ever find your way out?! For ages 10+ | MSRP: $14.95 | Players: 1-4 | Play Time: 1-2 hours | Level of Difficulty: 2 of 5 | Available September 2020
- EXIT: The Cemetery of the Knight: According to legend, tonight's moon is at the right angle to find a priceless red ruby hidden in the tomb of Sir Reginald Wreston. No one has succeeded in finding it yet ... will you triumph tonight? For ages 12+ | MSRP: $14.95 | Players: 1-4 | Play Time: 1-2 hours | Level of Difficulty: 3 of 5 | Available September 2020
- The Crew: Astronauts wanted! The scientific community is abuzz over signs of a mysterious planet located at the edge of our solar system. But despite all of their efforts, so far they have been unable to provide substantial evidence of its existence. Join this exciting space adventure to find out if the theories are just science fiction or if you will discover Planet Nine. In this cooperative trick-taking card game, you need to complete 50 different missions as you travel across the solar system. But you will only succeed if you can work together as a team. To master the challenges and achieve your mission, communication will be essentialbut in space, things can be more challenging than expected. Its not just who wins the hand but also how the hand is won that makes all the difference. For ages 10+ | MSRP: $14.95 | Players: 3-5 | Play Time: 20 minutes | Available March 2020
- The Liberation Of Rietburg: A Game In The World Of Andor: In this stand-alone game set in the fantasy world of Andor, Rietburg Castle has been taken over by evil creatures. Without delay, youthe Heroes of Andortake on the task of rescuing old King Brandurs fortress and protecting its remaining inhabitants. But time is of the essence as the dragon Tarok has already set out to destroy the stronghold once and for all. The prophecy foretells that you can only prevent its destruction if you are able to accomplish the four tasks. But which tasks are those? Must you appease the Fire Spirit or kindle the Hadrian Fire? Should you free prisoners from the creatures dungeons or submit to the will of the old Skral witch? You are going to have to play to find out. For ages 10+ | MSRP: $29.95 | Players: 2-4 | Play Time: 40 minutes | Available May 2020
- Targi: The Expansion: In this expansion to the hit game Targi, the original gameplay is both expanded and improved with new tribe cards, new border cards, water tokens, and a special Targia pawnall of which combine to make a phenomenal game even better. For ages 12+ | MSRP: $19.95 | Players: 2 | Play Time: 60 minutes | Available June 2020
- Aqualin: Aqualin is a two-player strategy game that is easy to learn but challenging to master. During the game, each player attempts to group together as many matching tiles as possible, and to form the most groups. One player works to create groups of the same color, while the other makes groups of the same type of sea creature. The bigger the group is, the more points its worth. At the end of the game, whoever has the most points wins. For ages 10+ | MSRP: $19.95 | Players: 2 | Play Time: 20 minutes | Available July 2020
- My City: My City is a unique, family-oriented legacy gaming experience that is played in relatively short episodes. The game consists of 24 different episodes beginning with the development of a city in its early preindustrial stages and progressing through industrialization. During each game, players customize their experience by adding elements to their own boards. Players choices and actions made during one session of gameplay carry over into the next session, creating a personalized gaming experience. For players who do not want to experience My City as a legacy game, a double-sided game board offers an alternate setup for repeatable play. For ages 10+ | MSRP: $34.95 | Players: 2-4 | Play Time: 45 minutes | Available July 2020
- Cities: Skylines: The ultimate city-building video game lands on your tabletop! In this board game version of the best-selling PC game of the same name, players work together to plan, build, and manage a city. The key to a successfully developed city is a happy population; as players decide how and where to build, they must consider a variety of factors such as the environment, crime, traffic flow, education, and financial resources. For ages 10+ | MSRP: $49.95 | Players: 1-4 | Play Time: 40-70 minutes | Available Now
About Thames & Kosmos:
Thames & Kosmos (T&K) was founded in 2001 with the mission of improving informal science education by publishing high-quality science and technology-related educational products for children of all ages. T&K's mission has since expanded from its STEM roots to encompass other educational branches, including arts and crafts and early childhood learning, as well as the multitude of thinking and social skills that can be taught through games and performative magic sets. T&K places an emphasis on teaching concepts and skills through hands-on modeling of real-world devices and processes, and by offering comprehensive, meaningful reading materials for a rich learning experience. T&K is headquartered in Providence, RI, and is the North American subsidiary of Franckh-Kosmos Verlags-GmbH & Co. KG.